RAE Systems- PlumeRAE.
Industry leaders RAE Systems, SAFER Systems and Coastal Environmental Systems have teamed to create PlumeRAE - a unique, turn-key solution that allows rapid monitoring and assessment of situations involving the release of hazardous substances. PlumeRAE gives first responders information to make crucial decisions.
PlumeRAE - Datasheet
Coastal Enviornmental's WEATHERPAK - Datasheet
Releases of toxic materials present first responders with an immediate challenge – determining what actions need to be taken to protect nearby populations. They must answer a number of questions:
- Where is the toxic plume headed, and in what concentration?
- What areas need to be evacuated?
- Who should shelter in place?
- What roads should be closed?
- How do we prioritize actions with limited resources available?
- GPS-equipped AreaRAE wireless monitors placed in strategic locations measure the levels of critical toxic chemicals and communicate their measurements to a ProRAE Remote Base Station.
- ProRAE Remote, running on a standard laptop computer, feeds this information to the Plume Measurement Software that is running on the same PC.
- Weather data transmitted by a Coastal Environmental Systems WEATHERPAK® completes the information package needed for analysis.
- The Plume Measurement Software, developed by SAFER Systems, integrates the information and shows users a picture of the toxic plume, the speed at which it is spreading, and the concentration of the toxic compound.
PlumeRAE gives first responders the information they need along with decision support so that they can answer critical questions and take immediate, effective action. First Responders can:
- Track and validate plume impact
- Employ intelligent placement tactics for safely locating responders
- Evaluate the toxicological effect on responders and the community
- Create emergency response strategy
- Understand how long the event will persist
- Save the event for post-event analysis
- RAE Systems Rapid Deployment Kit
- Four AreaRAE Wireless Detectors with GPS
- ProRAE Remote Software preloaded in a PC
- Complete package for charging
- Carrying case for easy transportation
- SAFER Systems powered Plume Measurement Software complete with GIS mapping data covering a single county (U.S. only; additional countries available)
Non-U.S. customer pricing subject to local GIS data availablity.
- Coastal Environmental Systems WEATHERPAK® solid-state weather station monitoring wind speed, direction, temperature, solar radiation, and humidity
- Municipal first responder
- Large event emergency planning
- Crisis management