Honeywell - XNX™ Universal Transmitter w/ Optima Plus
Honeywell - XNX™ Universal Transmitter w/ Searchpoint Optima Plus IR Combustible Gas Detector.
The Honeywell XNX's advantage comes from a simple-to-use, low-maintenance universal platform that works with other safety equipment on a digital bus system, including Honeywell Analytics’ own Searchline Excel, Optima or other gas detectors, industry standard PLCs and third-party gas monitoring controllers.
XNX™ supports Electrochemical, Infrared and Catalytic Bead gas monitors and uses standard 4-20mA wiring and HART; options include Modbus, Fieldbus (pending) up to three relays and a local Hart Adapter for configuration and diagnostics using existing HART handheld devices.
With 200+ unique configurations, XNX™ satisfies Class 1/Class 2 intrinsically safe, explosion-proof requirements in upstream/downstream oil, chemical, wastewater and other industries.
The enclosure is available in stainless steel or aluminum, with a marine-grade coating. Five threaded ports, available in metric or NPT versions, and ruggedized mounting options provide ultimate installation flexibility. Instrumentation built on various sensing technologies can be attached locally to the transmitter or remotely with the appropriate accessories.
The XNX™ user interface provides Alarm, Fault and configuration support via a large dot matrix display and LED indicators. Icons supported by seven language selections are used to ensure ease of operation around the world.
Searchpoint Optima Plus -
Searchpoint Optima Plus is a market-leading Point IR (Infrared) gas detector offering high performance detection of a wide range of Hydrocarbon gases. With immunity to adverse weather affects such as snow, fog, rain and sunlight, and fail-to-safety operation, Searchpoint Optima Plus provides a flexible monitoring solution that is ideal for a diversity of hazardous applications.
The addition of HART® to this device enables sites using a 4-20mA output to gain value-added functionality without any additional infrastructural wiring costs, because HART® works by superimposing a digital signal on an existing 4-20 mA cable, meaning that no additional cabling is required.
With over 40 years experience in the design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of point infrared gas detection, Honeywell Analytics currently has a Worldwide installed base of over 100,000 infrared point Hydrocarbon gas detectors in a wide spectrum of applications from light industrial to the most demanding of offshore petrochemical environments.
Typical applications include environments that may suffer from the presence of catalytic bead poisons or inhibitors, or where there are harsh environmental conditions forcing increased time between routine maintenance, for example; offshore oil and gas platforms, floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) vessels, tankers, onshore oil and gas terminals, refineries, LNG / LPG bottling plants, gas compressor / metering stations, gas turbine power plants, refineries, solvent printing and coating plants
High performance -
- Flammable gas detection 0 to 100% LFL/LEL
- Point IR with heated optics provides immunity to poisoning and no hidden faults
- Open-path IR flammable gas detection in LEL-m measurement
- Failsafe operation
- Fast speed of response
- Reduced routine maintenance
- Immune to catalytic poisons
- Long operating life
- Works in inert atmospheres
Flexible Operation -
- 3 versions - supports mV (Catalytic Bead and IR Cell), Electrochemical Cell and IR (point and open-path) gas detection
- Multi-Purpose Detector (MPD) with field serviceable mV, Catalytic bead and IR Cell capability
- 4-20mA with HART® as standard
- Multiple communications options include up to 3 relays, MODBUS® and FOUNDATION® H1 Fieldbus (pending)
Easy to Use -
- Large, backlit, easy-to-view LCD display offers multisensory indicators (visual icons, colored buttons, text, etc.) to display gas and sensor readings
- User interface supported by 8 selectable languages (English, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, French, Russian, Chinese)
- Self-test and fault indication features
- Non-intrusive, one-man operation
- Quick calibration with auto-inhibit
Easy to Install -
- 3 or 4 wire operation, source, sink or isolated
- Use with conduit or cable installations
- Simple plug-in sensors and replaceable cells
- NEMA 4X IP66 rated for rugged indoor/outdoor use
Cost Effective -
- Minimal training required
- One-man operation
- Plug-in sensor replacement
- All necessary accessories included
- Offshore Oil & Gas production platforms
- Onshore Oil terminals
- Gas Transmission
- Gas Distribution
- LNG terminals
- Gas storage terminals
- Chemical plants
- Petrochemical plants
- Solvent recovery operations